[tex-live] Perltk-zh.pl in tl2008 has been finished in both simplified and traditional chinese.

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Aug 8 13:56:02 CEST 2008

Dear Zhao,

Thanks for your investigations, but I still have one problem:

> From the above rules established by Microsfot, we can say that the most
> easiest way is to rename the Perltk-zh into Perltk_zh-cn for  simplified
> chinese and Perltk_zh-tw for traditional chinese.

Our code always deduces a 2 letter code. So I am not sure how that will
work.

> If we do it like this way, perhaps there should be some changes in the
> original perl script that judge these two files for using them correctly,
> but it should be also easy due to the corresponding code value
> (zh-cn and  zh-tw) have been stored in the OS's registry.

Where???

As far as I see the code we use:
>Our modules take a look into the registry to find out that value. It
>goes like this:
>	Look into CurrentUser/Control Panel/International//Locale
>and then look up that value in
>	HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Rfc1766/

Does not give a full string (zh-XX) but only zh. That is what has
happened on your computer. It should have given zh-cn (simplified), but
got only zh.

So as long as we don't know how to get at the long value (zh-XX) we
cannot evaluate it.

Best wishes

Norbert