[tex-live] End of installation log transcript

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Thu Aug 7 21:33:59 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 07:49:07PM +0100, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>>
>>> OK, done that. it failed again. Transcript at-end.
>>
>> Ooops, disaster.
>>
>>> I had already removed it, when it first threw the error, but
>>> it still seems to think it is defined, even though SET says
>>> it is not ...
>>
>> Really?! Have you run install-tl.bat from the same cmd (still opened)
>> session? I tried several times to install and having set TEXMFCNF, but
>> never encounter that.
>
> I will re-boot the system, checking the environment
> variables from SET, then try again and report back.
>
> ** Phil.

Rebooting isn't necessary. The installer alerts the system of
changed environment variables.

This is a manual way of accomplishing this: open My Computer, click
properties, Advanced, Environment Variables, and then OK.

But if there are system-level environment variables and if you are
only poweruser and don't have administrative privileges then you
can't remove it.

--
Siep Kroonenberg