[tex-live] Peer-to-peer install ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Aug 7 12:37:18 CEST 2008

I'll return to the FP_Cache / extended TeX
threads later, but I now have a new idea :

is there any way of performing a peer-to-peer
install of TeX Live 2008 using the package
manager ?  Having performed a full install on
one of my (six or so) systems at home, I would
like to take advantage of that to reduce both
the load on the Cambridge CTAN node and on the
network delays that are inherent therewith.  So
is it now possible for me to install on a second
and subsequent home system(s), using the first home
systemeas the master repository ?

** Phil.