[tex-live] Perltk-zh.pl in tl2008 has been finished in both simplified and traditional chinese.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Aug 6 23:26:54 CEST 2008

    Thanks a lot, but I see a problem: How to distinguish beteen siplified
    and traditional?

As I understand it (I just happened to read an article about this, I
actually know nothing about it :), the newfangled way would be zh-hant
and zh-hans.  And zh-cn is usually used in practice for simplified, whil
zh-tw or zh-tw are misused for traditional.

But the real question is what codes will actually work with systems
today, so the translation files will get used.

    I would say we install the simplfied version as
            perltk_zh.pl

I assume you mean perltk-zh.

karl