[tex-live] About the perltk-zh.pl in tl2008.

hongyi.zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:20:31 CEST 2008

>Dear Zhao,
>
>On So, 03 Aug 2008, hongyi.zhao wrote:
>> Couldn't find language file installer/lang/perltk-zh.pl: No such file or directory
>>
>> Is this harm?   Furthmore, how can I solve this issue?
>
>No harm at all, only that there is no translation of the installer into
>that language available.
>
>If you want to fix that, please take the attached files
>(perltk-en.sample), rename it to perltk-zh, put it into
>tlpkg/installer/lang, and translate the strings. The file must be saved
>in UTF8. If done it would be great if you could send us back the file so
>that we can include it. But please test it with the installer.

I've translate most of the strings into simplified chinese, but I've the following issues:

1-  Some of the strings don't appear on the gui during tl2008's installation, such as:

text.infoto:       info to
text.clicknetbin:  Click for net bins
text.outof:        out of
text.collof:       collections out of
label.binsys:      Binary System(s)

At lease, I cann't see them in the testing of its installation, why?

Due to all of the above don't appear in the testing installation in my case, I cann't judge which should be their appropriate counterpart in chinese.  Would you like give me some explains on the meaning of the above  strings?

2-  What's the difference between text.manto and text.infoto?  IMO, the manpage is infopage, so I don't know how to translate both of them in order to give both of them right meanings, any hints please?

Sincerely yours,

PS  The attachment is the translated version by me, I post here just for your information.
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Science
2008-08-06