[tex-live] CRLF vs. LF for .inf files

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 19 19:25:21 CEST 2008

I noticed this change yesterday:

    r7457 | preining | 2008-04-16 15:16:09 +0200 (Wed, 16 Apr 2008) | 2 lines
    dummy change to get cr/lf right
    Changed paths:
       M /trunk/Master/autorun.inf

It is necessary to do
  svn propset svn:eol-style CRLF autorun.inf
to change the eol property once it's been set.  Before it was "native",
so autorun.inf had LF line endings when checked out on Unix and CRLF
when checked out on Windows.

I changed /etc/subversion/config on tug so that *.inf will force CRLF
for new files in the future.(*)  As mentioned in the svn setup
instructions, for people working with TeX Live I advise copying this
file to ~/.subversion/config on Unix and to
<profile> -> Application Data -> Subversion -> config on Windows.

Karl

(*) There are a couple non-Windows files with extension .inf, evidently
Jacko sometimes names his readme-like files that way :):
  Master/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tap/0tabdoc.inf
  Master/texmf-dist/doc/metapost/dviincl/0dviincl.inf
Not worth worrying about in the config.  (Jacko, if you're bored and
feel like changing the names and re-uploading to CTAN, great.  I won't
hold my breath. :)