[tex-live] [Fwd: [Fwd: ec.enc, cork.enc and tcaron]]

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 11:33:35 CEST 2008

karl at freefriends.org wrote:
>     thinking about ec-intuitive.enc
>
> I don't understand that name at all.

Considering dbar and tquoteright, I realize their names intuitive -
giving them without knowledge of their origin.

>     but is also has disadvantages. I am not sure here.
>
> Maybe ec-2001.enc (or whatever the right year is, I'd have to research it).

good idea; I like it.

> Would you be willing to make the changes to the IBM distributions and
> re-upload them to CTAN?  At least I don't think they are actively (or
> even passively) maintained and I'd love not to have to do it myself.

Hmmm, these fonts are atypical as quoted Zdenek Wagner. They have both
glyphs: tquoteright and tcaron. But
   tquoteright is actually tcaron
and
   tcaron is something like twithcaronmark
Since these fonts are not present in any map file in TL, I would not do
any change and let the usage to a user.

Best
Vit