[tex-live] TL 2007 problems: MarVoSym and dviout.exe woes

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 4 22:43:09 CEST 2007

Hi Harald,

    the font file
        /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/marvosym/marvosym.pfb
    looks ok, it has identical md5sum to the version on CTAN.

Given this, about all I can suggest is writing the author of marvosym.
Of course, all the various debugging techniques Reinhard mentioned could
only help.

Unfortunately, given that marvosym.pfb is some seven years old, I would
speculate the problem is that current gs is stricter (or something) than
old ...

Best,
Karl