[tex-live] can TeXLive under ubuntu 7.10 access style files in a Windows partition?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Nov 4 23:37:23 CET 2007

Colin Rowat writes:

 > Thank you Zdeněk.  I have added
 >
 > MIKTEX = /media/sda1/Program Files/MikTeX 2.6
 >
 > just after
 >
 > TEXMFHOME = $HOME/texmf
 >
 > in 05TeXMF.cfg (in /etc/texmf/texmf.d) and, later in that file, to
 > TEXMF, for:
 >
 > TEXMF =
 > {$TEXMFCONFIG,$TEXMFVAR,$TEXMFHOME,$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFDIST,!!$MIKTEX}

Did you run texhash?  This will update the file database and is
required if you add new files/directories.

 > [...]
 > This gives me a "file ... not found" error - which may reflect a bad
 > path format: I use relative references like
 > "\input{graphics/070705ql.lp}".

This should work.

 > Otherwise, tex-live is working perfectly, even accessing my bibtex file
 > in the WinXP partition.

Hmm, this means that you updated the database.  Or is your bibtex file
in a TEXMF tree which doesn't begin with "!!"?.

If you run texhash, make sure a database is created for $MIKTEX.  If
not, you probably have to add $MIKTEX to TEXMFDBS, too.

Could you run tex on the commandline with kpathsea debugging enabled?
It is described in the kpathsea info manual (run "info kpathsea" and go
to section 2.6.3).

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25