[tex-live] post build of source.tar.bz2 (updmap-sys and kpsewhich)

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:19:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 31/05/07, Frank Küster <frank at kuesterei.ch> wrote:
> It does indeed look odd if you're used to a Linux perspective: Linux is
> either nothing but a kernel, or a particular distribution.

Yes I remember now. In linux everything that is not the kernel is a package.

We have the kernel, the userland and then packages.
Kernel + userland is OpenBSD, the rest (packages) are third party, but
built by the porting team.

> You could run --syncwithtrees once and use the generated updmap.cfg.  Or
> use more complicated approaches (which allow for easy adding of
> third-party fonts) like our update-updmap stuff in Debian.

Please read the original post as to why --syncwithtrees did not work for me.

--
Best Regards

Edd