[tex-live] mactex status in the catalogue

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 18 12:24:17 CEST 2007

when i first catalogued mactex there was a single compressed file in the
directory we mirror to ctan.  subsequently, a file mactex.dmg appeared,
and later still mactextras.dmg (or thereabouts).

as a result (and in the context of my ignorance of macs), we have two
catalogue entries: mactex and mactex-dmg.  this is not satisfactory --
there is nothing but dmg files in the directories.

am i right in assuming that i should dump the mactex-dmg entry, and
regenerate the mactex entry from the mactex description on tug.org?

[what _are_ dmg files, anyway?  i've dropped heavy hints around here
that a mac would go well with the present collection of machines in my
office, but the hints fall on deaf ears ;-) ]

robin

[wearing my ctan hat, but not speaking for the ctan team.]