[tex-live] libpoppler in xetex (was: TeXLive2007: Bug in (Xe)TeX for 64bit and big endianess)

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Tue May 8 16:42:30 CEST 2007

"Dr. Werner Fink" <werner at suse.de> wrote:

>> I don't know, but this is something to investigate. Doesn't pdftex
>> also use xpdf? In fact, pdftosrc has nothing to do with xetex (AFAIK)...
>
> In the official TeXLive tree this is true, nevertheless some
> bug reports from customers/users on security issues on xpdf
> code, even if not relevant for XeTeX or pdfTeX, have driven
> me to use the system shared libpoppler instead of the builtin
> xpdf code.

The Debian libpoppler patch at

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-bin/debian/patches/30_libpoppler?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

also patches xetex to use this library.  Feel free to use it, but read
it with care: It was written without understanding xetex, in analogy to
Martin Pitt's pdftex patch, and if I did it (not sure) it was done by
someone who's C(++) mastery matches his italian: I get along without
starving, and usually end up in the bus to the right location...

Gruß, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)