[tex-live] Debian TeX -- new packages

Atsuhito Kohda kohda at pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp
Sat Mar 24 14:11:38 CET 2007

Hi Norbert and all, I'm not so sure but I encounterd a bit
problem with these packages.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:00:59 +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:

> We ask people using Debian to try these packages out, they survived all
> my tests and quite a lot of documents I tried out, but YMMV.

When I xelatex a small sample file, I got an error message
as follows (I pressed enter key for ? prompt);

(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/xelatex/euenc/lm/eu1lmr.fd)
! Font EU1/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular] at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file or installed font not found.
<to be read again>
                   relax
l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

?
)
fontspec.cfg loaded.
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.cfg))

There seems no problem with a generated PDF.  Is this a real
problem with texlive-xetex or lmodern or possible my fault?

A short sample file is (in UTF-8)
----------------------------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
Typesetted by XeLaTeX
\end{document}

I use Debian testing and related packages are;
ii  lmodern        1.01-1         scalable PostScript fonts based on Computer
ii  texlive-xetex  2007-1         TeX Live: XeTeX macros

I'm very sorry if this is already known problem.

Regards,			  2007-3-24(Sat)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima