[tex-live] Bug in TexLive 2005 and 2007? Non-writable aux-file

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Mar 10 17:50:39 CET 2007

  > Somebody on tex-implementors suggested an Abort/Retry/Fail
  > approach like DOS used to have, and that makes sense to
  > me. Definately on Windows, but I would like to have that as well
  > (and I am on linux).

The real problem is that the name of the output file is changed
silently unless a new name is provided.  If this can be fixed, you can
press <return> as often as you want.  You will remain in the loop
as long as tex can not access the file and tex will proceed when the
file is accessible.

An easy way to abort would be nice, for instance, let tex abort
immediately when CTRL-C is pressed while tex is waiting for input from
the keyboard.

I don't see that more is needed.  As far as Acrobat on Windows is
concerned, you have to close it and press <return> then and this will
be more convenient than a DOS-like menu.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25