[tex-live] Bug in TexLive 2005 and 2007? Non-writable aux-file

Philip & Le Khanh Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Wed Mar 7 08:49:53 CET 2007

Karl Berry wrote:

> However, in the case of just pressing RET, I see no harm in asking again
> (not trying to open *any* files in the meantime).  As a TeX user, I
> would be rather surprised if the job aborted from simply pressing RET.
> TeX has never behaved that way in the past.

Are you sure that "not try to open *any* files in the meantime"
is the most appropriate behaviour ?  Might a user not use
"RET" to indicate "I've fixed the protections; please try again" ?

** Phil.