[tex-live] troubles with texlive 2007 + mathtime + lucida

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 3 00:33:43 CET 2007

    I hope the metrics can be re-included next year.

Sorry, but I don't plan to re-include them.  I realize that, in
practice, a number of people were relying on these "teTeX" metrics.
More of them than I guessed, unfortunately, or I would have at least
mentioned this in the "highlights".

But I still think that it would be a mistake to restore them, for all
the reasons that I initially proposed removing them, and one more: given
that they have been removed in this release, I can't see that it will
help anyone at all to restore them in the future.  Anyone troubled by
their removal will have already dealt with the issue, so putting them
back would just create more trouble.

Sorry,
karl