[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Jun 30 17:02:46 CEST 2007

Frank Küster writes:
 > Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org> wrote:
 >
 > > For XP and similar, the following brief extract
 > > from "Start /?" may help to clarify the situation :
 > >
 > >> START ["title"] [/Dpath] [/I] [/MIN] [/MAX] [/SEPARATE | /SHARED]
 > >>       [/LOW | /NORMAL | /HIGH | /REALTIME | /ABOVENORMAL | /BELOWNORMAL]
 > >>       [/WAIT] [/B] [command/program]
 > >>       [parameters]
 >
 > You mean the /WAIT?  Not each program seems to respect it; I think if
 > PDF is associated with Adobe Reader, wait will finish at once.

Frank,
if Debian needs all PDF files comressed, which tools does Debian
provide to deal with them?  And why do you take care about Windows?

In TeXLive we cannot have compressed PDF files because this would
break a lot of things.  There are HTML files with links to PDF files
and there are links in PDF files to other PDF files.  The doc trees
should be browsable because not everyone is familiar with commandline
tools and texdoctk is incomplete and does not support documentation
written in any other language than English.

Compressed files will cause a lot of problems and people can't use
programs of their choice to browse documentation.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25