[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Tue Jun 26 18:07:31 CEST 2007

Frank Küster <frank at kuesterei.ch> wrote:

> Some remarks:

And some more questions, in particular because I hope this also runs on
windows:

- How (except with a temporary file) can I access the output of an
  external program from a lua script?  I'm searching for the lua
  equivalent for

      case `(uname -s) 2>/dev/null` in
         Darwin)

- How do I detect whether I'm on windows?

- What are safe commands to remove a file and a directory on Windows?
  I can't do that in lua, because the viewer is forked, the lua script
  exits, and the temporary file and directory need to be removed
  afterwards

- Can I use ';' to separate consecutive commands on windows, like this:

viewer_replacement = filename .. ';' .. rmfile_command .. filename .. ';' .. rmdir_command .. tmpdir;

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)