[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Tue Jun 26 13:14:43 CEST 2007

2007/6/26, Frank Küster <frank at kuesterei.ch>:
> Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> > one reason why (already compressed) pdf files could be compressed
> > further is that annotations and object resource specs etc were not
> > compressed; now that we have object streams there is not much to gain
> > from further compression
>
> The difference seems still to be there:

[...]

> PDF version:    1.4

Compressed object streams need PDF 1.5.

  - pdfTeX can now generate PDF 1.5 object streams, which leads to smaller
    PDFs. This is controlled by setting \pdfobjcompresslevel to a value >0 (3
    compress everything, 2 don't compress /Info, 1 also don't compress embedded
    PDFs) and works only with PDF >=1.5