[tex-live] new tl infrastructure

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:11:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 24/06/07, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Fre, 22 Jun 2007, Karl Berry wrote:
> > There's a Perl API for the database that most of the new scripts, and a
> > shell API for a few odds and ends.  These are documented in the
> > Master/tlpkg/doc/ directory, along with some specs for the associated
>
> I would like to add that
> - if you need some extensions or more specific stuff
> - explanations because the specification is not to complete
> - etc
> please contact me here or via personal mail.

You may have such functionality already. I would like to see
functionality that will help me generate my distfiles for the 2008
release of the OpenBSD port. For 2007 I wrote a tool myself (MFsplit I
called it), which can do things like:

scheme-full minus scheme-tetex.tpm, but only runfiles and srcfiles.

And it would copy only what you specify into a folder.

The sources of that tool and the documentation for how i used it
(porting guide) is here:

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett/texlive/

Hope you see this as useful.

--