[tex-live] xelatex on OpenBSD sparc64 - Bus Error

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 19:53:40 CEST 2007

Hi Jonathan,

On 23/06/07, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:
> Just curious, have you actually had a chance to try xelatex with an
> OpenType or TrueType font installed in ~/.fonts or /usr/share/fonts/
> or wherever OpenBSD puts them, to confirm that you get sensible
> output? Or are we at the stage of "it builds, and dumps xelatex.fmt
> without crashing"?

I have run a test following your instructions, however does this test
the opentype functionality, as the font you directed me to was
distributed in ttf? I have never owned a opentype font to date. Where
might I get one?

Anyway I have emailed you the source code and output pdf from my tests
(list didn't allow me to attach if i remember correctly). The test was
run on i386 and sparc64. The reulst I have mailed you are from the
sparc64 machine. It seems to look fine to me, but I must admit I have
limited knowledge of fonts.

--
Best Regards

Edd