[tex-live] TL2007 epstopdf: Script interpreter is not found in PATH

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 16:20:29 CEST 2007

I installed gs8.57 and ActiveState perl 5.8.8.820 to their respective
directories under C:\Program Files to test epstopdf and dvipdfm.  For
the latter, I had to edit the
configuration file "texmf-var/dvipdfm/config" as follows:

% Distiller config. Uses ghostscript and works on compressed and
% uncompressed files.
%D "zcat -f %i | gs -q -sPAPERSIZE=a0 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.2
 -dUseFlateCompression=true -dSAFER -sOutputFile=%o - -c quit"
% Win32 -- no support for compressed files
D "gswin32c -q -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=letter -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLev
el=1.2 -dUseFlateCompression=true -dSAFER -sOutputFile=%o %i -c quit"

The dvipdfmx.cfg config file also needed editing, but does provide a
Win32 section so
it is just a matter of changing a comment.  All this is a bit much to
expect from an
installer.   Things are much simpler when you only have one platform
to worry about.