[tex-live] texconfig-sys: runs updmap instead of updmap-sys

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Wed Jun 13 00:15:01 CEST 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Karl Berry wrote:

>     I do not see any good reason to call updmap here.
>
> Because "texconfig init" should initialize the system?
> (That is what we're talking about, right?)
> Why shouldn't it call updmap?  Certainly map files are part of the system.

isn't this a classical "make" problem? updmap takes long time but is
only needed if map stuff has changed. There is the "newer" program in
tex live, maybe one could use "newer" to check if at least a map file or
the updmap.cfg file has been changed after .map output files were
generated, and only then run updmap?

Regards, Hartmut