[tex-live] New infrastructure: Question and patch

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed Jul 25 18:37:02 CEST 2007

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     What I'd like to do is provide a patch to the effect that
>     texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/philokalia/Philokalia-Regular.otf is moved to
>     texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/some/path/.
>
> That's a matter for ctan2tds.pl, not the new infrastructure stuff.  I'll
> take a look.
>
> In general, ctan2tds.pl is what gets things from CTAN into TL.
> The purpose of TLPDB is to represent what is in TL, not how packages get
> installed in it in the first place.

Hm, I don't understand why it isn't installed in a font directory.  It
seems to me that ctan2tds.pl executes, for package, dotype1(), and that
does

sub dotype1{
    [...]

   my $otfpatt = $specialotf{$package} || $standardotf;
   &install("$DEST/fonts/opentype/public/$package", $otfpatt);
}

What I didn't find is how doc files get moved to their destination,
there's not dodoc or such...

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster