[tex-live] new tl images 20070128 ... please test urgently

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jan 29 22:58:18 CET 2007

  > On a more minor note, if one is running the installation in a
  > standard 25x80 terminal, one cannot see the first few lines of the
  > above.

I thought about this too when I used the installer last weekend.  But
finally I came the same conclusion as Phil Taylor.  I havn't seen a
terminal which was restricted to 25 lines for more than a decade.

In TL-2005 there had been three columns and it seems that people had
25x80 terminals in mind.  But with three columns everything had been
truncated too much, and you had to guess what the packages contain.

In my opinion the two-column menu is much better.  Since about half of
the packages in this menu provide documentation, it might be useful to
move documentation to an extra menu.  I planned to look into it for
this release but never had enough time.  Maybe next year.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25