[tex-live] dates

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Tue Jan 23 17:10:25 CET 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:48:55PM +0000, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:
>
> > Under VISTA :
> >
> > 	HOMEDRIVE
> > 	HOMEPATH
> > 	HOMESHARE
> >
> > (i.e., gains one).
>
> no it doesn't; homeshare exists on my xp pro system and on our
> 2003 terminal server machine.
>
> i imagine it's only present if your home directory is on a server rather
> than the machine's own disc.  this is the case for all user accounts on
> all managed machines here.
>
> robin

In my own scripts for Windows, I use USERPROFILE, usually something
like <drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user name>

This is some sort of read-only registry variable, and is set
automatically as an environment variable in a command prompt window.

It is available both under Windows 2000 and Windows XP, but
apparently not under earlier versions.

--
Siep Kroonenberg