[tex-live] dates

Philip & Le Khanh Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Tue Jan 23 10:19:52 CET 2007

Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>  > The problem was TEXMFHOME = $HOME/texmf and that $HOME is usually not
>  > set on Windows.
>  >
>  > I provided a lot of suggestions how to set TEXMFHOME to something
>  > reasonable but none of them had been acceptable for Staszek.
>  >
>  > He preferred to remove TEXMFHOME from TEXMF for no good reason.  He
>  > even did not reply to my mails.
>
> As I wrote several times, HOME is not set in Windows and/or can be
> differently interpreted on different Windows versions.

For XP/PRO, the following pair seem to be what is needed :

	HOMEDRIVE=C:
	HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\Administrator

Do we have a small corpus of Windows devotees who could
investigate if there are matching environment
variables for some or all other versions of Windows ?

** Phil.