[tex-live] major problem with latin modern fonts in texlivetest2007-inst-20070121.iso?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 00:21:11 CET 2007

2007/1/21, Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel at gmx.de>:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Karl Berry wrote:
>
> >      whether lm-math.map is the right map file
> >
> > Staszek and/or Jacko will have to inform us, I can't guess either.
>
> there was a change btw. In former lmodern.sty only text related
> \rm|sf|ttdefault were defined. Seems old lmodern.sty gave just cm math
> fonts. The new lmodern.sty from 14 jan 07 handles also math by lm,
> therefore the lm-math.map might be needed.
>
> Regards, Hartmut

Imagine that you install TL and run texconfig as a normal user. The
map files will then be in texmf-var. Afterwards you install newer
version with different map files but you configure it as root. When
you work as a normal user, TL will use the old map files from
texmf-var and you can expect problems. Running updmap --syncwithtrees
often fixes such problems.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/