[tex-live] texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/xltxtra/xltxtra.pdf

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Jan 21 09:35:51 CET 2007

Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> Reinhard,
>
> Interesting investigation.
>
> By running pdf2ps with -dDEBUG I had also found that the Bitstream
> fonts were causing problems.  The complaints about ND and RD happened
> while gs was parsing one of the Bitstream Charter fonts, but I
> couldn't figure out how to uncompress the font stream to see how ND
> and RD were defined.

FYI t1disasm on one of Bitstream Charter font files gives:

   ..
   userdict /RD {string currentfile exch readstring pop} executeonly put
   userdict /ND {noaccess def} executeonly put
   ..

This is perfectly acceptable: the use of userdict for this purpose
is even documented as an option in the Type1 Specification.

Best,
Taco