[tex-live] xdvi misses libXau.so.6?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 17 23:53:03 CET 2007

    xdvi-xaw.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXau.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The i386-linux binary doesn't link against that library, so I guess it's
an x86_64'ism.  Reinhard, maybe you could try simply manually running
the link without -lXau and see if it works?

I haven't tried to do it lately, but statically linking all the X
libraries used to be quite problematic, due to various
cross-dependencies, gcclib, etc.  Also seems like a potential (though
minor) security issue.  Not to mention a much larger binary :).

karl