[tex-live] fmtutil.cnf / TL2007

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Jan 9 00:52:59 CET 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 00:42, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>> I have patched fmtutil.cnf so it uses mf-nowin instead of mf for
>> the metafont format.
>
> Hmm, I don't understand what exactly you want to achive.  There is
> only an mf.ini but no mf-nowin.ini in The TeXLive tree.
>
> Do you talk about engines?

yes

> "mf-nowin" is for the scripts doing their work in the background and
> do not require a window system while "mf" is for interactive use.
> I hope that you do not want to change this.

No. I am just fixing an error in fmtutil.cnf. The standard fmtutil.cnf
called mf (not the script version) for creating the mf format. I have
changed that to

mf              mf-nowin        -
-translate-file=cp227.tcx mf.ini

if you don't do that, mf will fail on systems without X11 installed
(e.g. default Mac OS X). Maybe Jonathan can make an Aqua mf?