[tex-live] TL2007 [was: fmtutil.cnf / TL2007]

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Jan 8 16:20:51 CET 2007

> Btw. has anybody noticed that this release is TL nr 10 (just a jubilee!)?

  I don't think so: TeXLive 7 was released in June 2002, so the 10th
TeXLive distribution would have been TeXLive 2005, and this one (whatever
we decide to call it) is the 11th. I guess it's still an anniversary
though, since that would make (approximately) 10 years since TL1, for 11
points define 10 intervals and not 11 (sorry about that, that was the
math teacher in me speaking).

  Anyway, TeXLive X would have been nice. Maybe we can retroactively call
TL'05 "TeXLive X (10.0)" and start calling this release "TeXLive X Lion
(10.1)"? Then we can go on an refer to the next releases by big feline's
name ;-)

  Actually the jubilee would have been last May, I'm reading on
texmf-doc/doc/english/texlive-en/live.html