[tex-live] Having a .fmt for different engines

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 5 23:59:00 CET 2007

    At the same time, one could drop all references to pdfetex (symlink in
    bin-dir, pool-files and engine-subdir), or are these still needed?

pdfetex needs to be retained as a binary name, and that works fine.  The
pool file is not needed, now that the binary is "pdftex".

However, Reinhard, something went wrong with your x86_64-linux build or
checking.  There, pdftex is still a symlink and pdfetex is still the
binary.  That should not be the case.

The only other platform not updated to have the pdftex binary is
sparc-solaris, and I know Vladimir is working on that.

And yes, we should have another round of builds before the release, but
last I knew Martin was pondering making another release, and I do not
know the final disposition of that.

karl