[tex-live] How about deliver libkpse binaries?

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 18:54:01 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm wondering why all texlive binaries are staticly linked to
libkpse, why don't we use dynamic linking?

Even if we don't use dynamic library, I do think a
libkpse.a/libkpse.lib will be needed, for now, if I wish to
modified a small program (afm2tfm, for example), I still
have to extract the whole sources archive, configure
and build kpathsea, that's too complicated. If we have
a SDK including header files and lib files, it will be much
easier for us to provide small patches.

Regards,
jjgod.