[tex-live] Kpathsea in TL2007

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Feb 17 15:33:26 CET 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 10:09:57AM +0000, Philip & Le Khanh wrote:

> Akira Kakuto wrote:
> >
> >I forgot to write about a small difference between
> >Windows and other systems concerning the order of
> >file search.
> >
> >[1] Windows
> >    (a) \input foo
> >        try foo.tex first, if not found then try foo
> >
> >[2] Other systems
>
> >    (c) \input foo.bar
> >        try foo.bar.tex first, if not found then try foo.bar
>
> The behaviour as described for Windows seems logical (indeed,
> required) to me : imagine one has
>
> 	\input letter-spacing.sty
>
> then surely one would want letter-spacing.sty to be
> loaded, and not letter-spacing.sty.tex, even if the
> latter existed.

But (a) prevents that "foo" can be loaded if
both "foo" and "foo.tex" exist. :-(

Therefore I prefer a new \input primitive that uses
curly braces (such as \pdfximage) without default
extension. Then it would be possible to reliable
address each file name (including spaces, quotes, ...)

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>