[tex-live] Win32 run from DVD, customization and paper size

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 01:30:01 CET 2007

2007/2/10, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
> Hello Poti,
>
> Regarding paper sizes: it is true that the default paper size is
> included in the .fmt files.  Assuming you don't have to simultaneously
> both a4 and letter, you should build the .fmt's with the one you need
> and include them on your DVD as files like:
> texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/pdftex.fmt
> texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/pdflatex.fmt

I think that paper size should always be specified in each document.
if you give the document to someone else, you never know what will be
her default paper size. If I prepare a document just for myself, I
include a private package with my favourit macro definitions and with
paper size that suits to my printer.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/