[tex-live] tlpmgui 1.72 under Win32

Dirk Ullrich dirk.ullrich at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 5 12:01:17 CET 2007

Hi,

I have tested TL 20070204 installation at a Win32 (WinXP SP2) box
using tlpmgui version 1,72 included.

I works well (especially the "--install-mode" option!) but I have
noted some glitches, too:
(1)
The Perl collection was installed although I did explicitly uncheck
its entry during customizing the installation. During installation I
were never asked concerning the Perl installation. There is a Perl
alread on the box (ActiveState Perl) with its bin dir included in
%PATH%. I have noticed this behavior in a former tlpmgui version, but
in the meantime the problem vanished. Now I have it back--time seems
indeed running in a loop :-).
(2)
As I noted earlier my "texmf-doc\doc" folder is littered with the
directory structure for all documentation collections although I did
only select base, English and German documentation. Well, only their
"texmf-doc\doc" subfolders actually contain files, but I would like to
not get empty docuemtation folders.
(3)
Finally a nice-to-have: I would like to being able to customize some
more install options by tlpmgui under Win32. Would it be, for
instance, possible to make TL's start menu folder customizable?

I hope these remarks help.

Dirk