[tex-live] [tlpmgui] tlpmgui starts in the wrong mode under Win32

Dirk Ullrich dirk.ullrich at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:23:04 CET 2007

2007/1/31, Staszek Wawrykiewicz <staw at gust.org.pl>:
> 1. TLRoot not set
> 2. no tex found in PATH
> Please check if you have really cleanly unistalled: open cmd and run
> set | more
TL was _indeed_ cleanly uninstalled, but there was (a rest of) a teTeX
under Cygwin which _was_ in PATH. After removing it tlpmgui started in
installation mode.

But in my opinion it would be nice to be able to force tlpmgui to
start in installation mode. Consider the following scenario: I have a
TeX installed on my box, but want to evaluate another TL distribution.
In this case I would hesitate to touch my working TeX distribution and
its environment setting only to be able to test another TeX
distribution.

Dirk