[tex-live] catalogue files seams to be not synchronized with packages

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 1 00:21:29 CET 2007

> and found that the html files at the catalogue at TeX Live are not in sync

Thanks for mentioning it.  Indeed, the catalogue package in TL is
unchanged since 2005.

Since we're doing another build, I'll see if I can update them simply by
copying CTAN:help/Catalogue.  I'm not sure there is any good reason to
have the catalogue html files included in TL at all (the sources are xml
now, for one thing), but it seems too drastic to delete them at this point.

    - catalogue is pulled from sarovar (I am not sure about this, but I
      assume)

FYI, the catalogue source repository is on a Dante server now.  Sarovar
was/is too unreliable and too slow, unfortunately.

Karl