[tex-live] [NTG-pdftex] Runtime limitations on open files?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Aug 20 16:51:14 CEST 2007

Joachim Schrod <jschrod at acm.org> writes:

> George N. White III wrote:
>>
>> I should mention that there are debian packages for the mingw
>> cross-compiler.
>
> For all the uninteresting flames, this is an important information
> tidbit that I was not aware of. Thanks a lot for pointing that out.

For both TeXlive and PDFTeX, this compiler fails because of missing
header files.

The missing header files where the PDFTeX compilation bombs out from
the current PDFTeX sources _are_ present in the LuaTeX sources.

So it would appear that Taco's ability to crosscompile LuaTeX is not
just a case of figuring out the correct options to build.sh: more
would appear to be required here.

Even if it might prove too complex to provide this sort of setup for
TeXlive2007, having it for PDFTeX might already help some people.

--
David Kastrup