[tex-live] Pscryrliic Fonts for TeXLive

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 12:01:27 CEST 2007

Hi Karl,

On 20/08/07, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Edd,
> Ordinarily, running updmap will put the enabled map entries into
> psfonts.map (for dvips), pdftex.map (for pdftex), and dvipdfm.map (for
> dvipdfm).
>
> Whether the problem is simply that faqr6a isn't in pscyr.map or
> pscyr2.map, or something else, I can't say.  pscyr isn't part of TeX
> Live, and all I see on CTAN are Bakoma-related.

It appears to be in the map ok:

-------8<-------
faqr6a   AntiquaPSCyr-Regular "T2AAdobeEncoding ReEncodeFont" <t2a.enc
<antiq6.pfb
-------8<-------

The port runs the following commands after installation:
mktexlsr > /dev/null 2>&1
updmap-sys --quiet --nomkmap --enable Map=pscyr.map
updmap-sys --quiet --enable Map=pscyr2.map

Is there another part of texlive which fullfills the function of these
fonts? If the package is going to be a problem I would rather suggest
obsoletion IF functionality can be obtained by alternate means.

--
Best Regards

Edd