[tex-live] [tlpmgui] Installing TexLive2007

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Fri Aug 17 11:38:26 CEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 08:19:02AM +0200, Paweł Jackowski wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> >and I tried to install Tex on my computer (with Windows Vista business).
>  > I run the program tlpmgui.exe. However, I cannot install it and it said
> >'A problem copying files by tlpm'.
> >Could you please help me? Thanks!
>
> Seems we have growing number of complains about vista runing installer.
> Has anyone some expirience in that stuff? Siep?

Yesterday I did a local test install on a Vista Business virtual
machine as a regular user. I used the downloadable image, so any
problems with the physical dvd wouldn't have shown up. The
installation was fairly slow but uneventful, except:

- I set a non-default value for TLroot
- TeXLive wasn't added to the search path and had to be added
  manually, IIRC. Other environment variables were ok.
- The Ghostscript install was `for everybody' and required
  administrative credentials.

I could try a minimal network install with the real dvd. My Linux,
Ubuntu Feisty, has Samba 3.0.24.

--
Siep Kroonenberg