[tex-live] Pscryrliic Fonts for TeXLive

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:29:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am testing the pscyr package for OpenBSD against TeXLive and have
encountered a problem.

The port installs the files in this list:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/russian/pscyr/pkg/PLIST?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

However I have patched the Makefile to install into "texmf" instead of
"texmf-local". I assume this should not introduce problems.

The port will then execute:
mktexlsr
updmap-sys --quiet --nomkmap --enable Map=pscyr.map
updmap-sys --quiet --enable Map=pscyr2.map

I verify that the new files are indexed:
root at skutter:texmf> kpsewhich pscyr.sty
/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/pscyr/pscyr.sty

And in theory I should be able to test the font using this laTeX file:
\documentclass{report}
\usepackage{pscyr}
\begin{document}
this is a test
\end{document}

This should work, as pscyr.sty does this:
\def\rmdefault{faq}
\def\sfdefault{ftx}
\def\ttdefault{fer}

Here is the output of the command `pdflatex test`:

edd at skutter:test> pdflatex test
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh
yphenation, arabic, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak, german, ng
erman, danish, esperanto, spanish, catalan, galician, estonian, farsi, finnish,
 french, greek, monogreek, ancientgreek, croatian, hungarian, interlingua, ibyc
us, indonesian, icelandic, italian, latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk, polish, por
tuguese, pinyin, romanian, russian, slovenian, uppersorbian, serbian, swedish,
turkish, ukenglish, ukrainian, loaded.
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/report.cls
Document Class: report 2005/09/16 v1.4f Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/pscyr/pscyr.sty) (./test.aux)
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/pscyr/ot1faq.fd) [1{/usr/local/share/texmf/fo
nts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] (./test.aux)kpathsea: Running
mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 faqr6a
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for faqr6a.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
 )

pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file faqr6a): Font faqr6a at 600 not found
Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 1041 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.

It appears to know that the font needs to be built, but is incorrectly
try to locate a map (which is not applicable for Type1 fonts?).

I am stuck at this point. Does anyone have an insight as to why this
may not be working?

--
Best Regards

Edd