[tex-live] texmf and updmap

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Sep 25 02:23:06 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm wondering which texmf tree I should use.

The most up-to-date one is Build/source/inst/texmf but unfortunately
it doesn't provide updmap.cfg.

There is an updmap.cfg in Master/texmf/web2c.

If I use Master/texmf instead of Build/source/inst/texmf it's very
likely that I miss other things which are generated by the build
process.

Or should I put both directories into TEXMFMAIN?

Master/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg contains an entry

   Map proto10.map

but proto10.map doesn't exist.  Are the archaic fonts incomplete?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25