[tex-live] tl doc formats

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Sep 11 10:44:32 CEST 2006

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:

>   > But some documents e.g. about font packages may even need
>   > non-free fonts.  Totally apart from the rest of this thread,
>   > documents that require nonfree fonts to be typeset should not be
>   > present in TL.  If anyone finds any, please tell me.

"The Font Installation Guide" by Philipp Lehman comes to mind. IIRC the
sources are prepared for this document to be typset using different
fonts, but this would be a real pitty in this case.

> Of course, nobody would buy a font if the license does not allow him
> to give a pdf file containing the font to someone else.

IIRC one is not allowed to embed Thesis/The Sans into PDF files and
offer that file on a web page. Not even in subsetted form. And that
isn't a rarely used font.

cheerio
ralf