[tex-live] License auditing: Consequences

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Sep 6 22:57:50 CEST 2006

    do what you want with the doc, but acknowledge source,
    and the same licence must be used on derivatives.

Runs into the same problems as the GFDL when trying to share text
between code and manual.

    I would say that CC is that. it has the same virtue as the GPL,

My whole problem with "CC" is shown by this sentence.  There *is* no one
CC.  There are tons of licenses promulgated by CC, all with very similar
names.  Some are free, some aren't.  I've given up trying to make sense
of it.  It's one of the worst cases of confusing license proliferation
I've run across.

    that its widely used and understood,

Ok, in your part of the world it's widely used and understood -- not in
mine :).

Cheers,