[tex-live] Strange things after install texlive 2005 on Windows XP

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Sep 6 01:34:03 CEST 2006

    1,  there is no texconfig.exe in the bin directory

Sorry, I don't know the answer there.  I mean, it's true there is no
texconfig.exe binary in the distribution, but I don't know what (if
anything) has replaced it.

    2, those $TEXMFxxx not replaced with real directory names in the
    texmf.cnf file

They're not supposed to be.  Is something causing a problem?  It seems
like you have a basically-working system ...

    pdf: image inclusion failed for (reverse_linked_list.eps).

PDF files do not allow for inclusion of general .eps files.  Try running
epstopdf reverse_linked_list.eps, and then including the .pdf.

Best,
Karl