[tex-live] Setting of TTFONTS variable?

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Fri Oct 20 13:46:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

currently texmf.in specifies

TTFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/truetype//

Some Debian packages want to use system truetype fonts installed below
/usr/share/fonts/truetype.  For example, the latex-hangul-ucs package
(see http://faq.ktug.or.kr/faq/Hangul-ucs) adds
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/unfonts// to that path - and we were wondering
why we should not simply add /usr/share/fonts/truetype// itself?

Any ideas about that?  Of course, dvipdfmx or ttf2* would still need
proper mapfiles to access the fonts.  For some, hangul-ucs already
provides map files for dvipdfm, pdftex and ttf2pk.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)