[tex-live] missing Adobe AFM files?

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Wed Oct 11 20:21:49 CEST 2006

> As it turns out, I've also written something about Werner's request,
> the addition of afm files, at the very end.  Probably pro-adding
> them, all in all.

I've added those files right now.

Note that a few months ago I've uploaded new AFM files for the 35 base
fonts, with direct permission from Adobe (for built-in fonts with 229
and 314 glyphs, respectively), which have a clarified free license.
For consistency, I haven't used them right now but the versions from
teTeX.  If you are going to update all those PSNFSS stuff it might be
worth to use the new AFM files which come with greatly enhanced sets
of kerning pairs.

    Werner