[tex-live] package updates ...

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 8 01:56:33 CEST 2006

Hi Norbert,

Thanks so much.

    # texmf-dist/tpm/fancynum.tpm
    # texmf-dist/tpm/hyperref.tpm
    # texmf-dist/tpm/labelcas.tpm

For all of these, can you write the author?

    # texmf-dist/tpm/active-conf.tpm
        the subdirs on CTAN 2006-version and example contain the same files!
        the check compares different files
        ctan2tds calls MAKEflatten which is bad

I guess I didn't notice the files were the same.  Can you straighten out
ctan2tds.pl so it does something reasonable?  I guess active-conf has to
have its own routine :(.  Or ask the author to make the filenames
unique.

	The whole AMS stuff doesn't work, I didn't get it at least to work

The actual AMS files are ok (I believe), it's just the checking that
doesn't work, due to using the TDS zips, etc.  Ignore for now.

	MAKEbeebe needs work, this is true!

Right.  If you care to tackle it, that would be cool.

     /src/TeX/texlive-svn/Build/tools/tpm-ctan-check: cannot find tpm
     file devanagr

devanagr was replaced by velthuis.  I removed the former from
tpm-ctan-check.

	tlpkginfo finds info/lshort/german instead of the hyphen patterns!

The special cases in tlpkginfo need to be rearranged, I guess.

	turkish is not defined in the @languages array in Tpm.pm, so files in

Thanks, I added it.  (Those explicit lists are a pain to maintain.)

	occurs on CTAN/support/proof/
                a program to work with TeX/MF files
        occurs on CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/proof/
                sty file for generating LK proofs
        the Catalogue entry refers to the first

Does the Catalogue have an entry for the second?  If so, we should
change our package name.  If not, can you write the ctan folks and ask
them to make a Catalogue entry for it?  Except we'll still need a
special case because the package name won't match the directory name.
Ugggh.  But we have to deal with it somehow.  Maybe forget the whole
thing and change tlpkginfo to just explicitly return the latex dir.
Don't worry about the description.

        not a tpm, note that pst-tree.{tex,sty} seems to be distributed
        together WITH pstricks, ie as part of it. So it should be
        deleted from the tpm-ctan-check as a own package!

How utterly confusing.  Ok, can you remove it from tpm-ctan-check please?

    Where we are more or less.

Yes.  Well, it depends on what you want to do as much as anything.

There is running tlrebuild -n and dealing with all the reports of files
  not in the tpm's, etc.  That's probably most in line with what you've
  been doing so far.
There are hyphenation files to sort out if you care to work on that
  incredibly frustrating task.
There are some patches to apply to the sources.
There are the program sources to update in general (e.g., dvipng).

And, of course, there are endlessly more packages to check on.  The
ultimate goal would be for every package in TL to be tpm-ctan-checked
against CTAN ...

Or, maybe you want to rest on your laurels for a while :).

Thanks again,
Karl